Born in Paris in 1972, Laure Gervais is influenced by her Italian-French roots, Arts and Sciences. Therefore, she naturally studied Human Sciences alongside a multidisciplinary artistic career. Her artistic quest is animated by experiments, developed through various techniques that she does not hesitate to mix : screen printing, painting, collage, photography, video. Theater & performances are created and produced within the framework of the non-profit organisation SisterArt she co-founded.
- 2016 PrintMakingBase International Artist
Village, Guanlan, China.
EXHIBITIONS (a selection)
- 2019 12 th International Miniature Print Biennial, Norwalk, USA.
- 2018 The Shadow Aspects, Praxis gallery, Minneapolis, USA.
- 2015 Capital Sounds, Food for your Senses Festival, Luxembourg.
- 2014 Monomaniacs, MW Art & Visibility Pop up Gallery, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2012 Lux(e),calme et volupté, Lieux-Communs Plateforme Art Contemporain, Citadelle de Namur, Belgium.
PRIZES & CONTESTS OFFICIAL SELECTIONS
- 2019 Official selection of the 12 th International Miniature Print Biennial, Norwalk, USA.
- 2018 Official selection of the 6st NBC MESHTECH International Screen Print Biennial, Tokyo, Japon.
- 2017 Official selection of the 7 th triennale internationale de mini-estampes Rosario, Argentine.
- 2016 Official selection of the Louis Schmidt prize, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2016 Official selection of the 24 th Printmaking prize of the Centre de la gravure et de l'image imprimée, La Louvière, Belgium.
- 2015 Preselection to the 6st biennial international of printmaking, Guanlan, Shenzhen, China.
- 2014 Official selection of the 23rd Printmaking prize, Centre de la gravure et de l'image imprimée, La Louvière.
- 2008 Véronique Trempont contemporary art prize, P.P. Hamesse Foundation, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2006 Special award of the Pierre-Paul Hamesse Prize, P.P. Hamesse Foundation, Brussels, Belgium.
- BACHELOR OF ARTS : screen-printing cum laude (2016), Painting cum laude (2009), Beaux-Arts Academy in Watermael-Boitsfort, Brussels, Belgium.
- MASTER & complementary MASTER in Sociology, Paul Valéry University, Montpellier, France (1995) & Social Sciences cum laude, Brussels University ULB, Brussels, Belgium (1994).